- XHTML is almost identical to HTML 4.01
- XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML
- XHTML is HTML defined as an XML applicationt
- XHTML is a W3C Recommendation
XHTML (extensible Hypertext Markup Language) is a family of XML markup languages that mirror or extend versions of the widely used Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), the language in which web pages are written. XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML.
XHTML uses three XML which correspond to three HTML 4.0 DTDs: Strict, Transitional, and Frameset. XHTML conversions are one of the crucial and important elements of the website designing. The growing popularity of PSD to XHTML conversion services cannot be ignored. . Due to tough competition of market, the importance of a good design with user friendly features has become a necessity. A PSD to XHTML conversion service provider should be able to develop code, which matches the current market trend.
Features of XHTML
- All the XHTML documents should have a root element.
- All the elements including the empty tags should be closed.
- XHTML elements must be in smaller case.
- XHTML elements should be nested in pairs.
- All attributes should be in lower case.
- All the attribute values must be quoted.
- All the XHTML documents should have a <!doctype> tag.